Monday 11 June 2012

Hear me Lord

Hear me Lord, Creator God
King of me, not just a thought.
Take me please, far away
Where Abraham and Isaac stay
For here I sin, and I fall short,
for I am weak, the dying sort.
Once I stood, new life inside,
with my heart, accepting Christ.
But soon after meeting Him,
turned my back, went back to sin.
Found I had a God sized hole
conviction deep within my soul.
Wishing you could close your eyes,
dreaming you had ears to hide,
begging you to turn your head,
remembered you could not forget,
That's thing about omniscience,
and to my shame, omnipresence.
For you remember all my sin
lack of faith, demons within
Lust, and greed, and dirty lies,
anger, hate, I could not hide.
Dirty now, a shallow man
grabbing hold the plough again,
and there you were, to my surprise
you never left, still by my side.

I'm thankful for your Grace to man
Seven, times seven, times seven, times seventy-seven.
Most of all, thank you for Him
The one we call the Son of Man.
For without Him, His precious blood,
Hades gates would be my lot.
So hear me Lord, Creator God
King of me, not just a thought.
Give me strength, to live life free
to live in love, not iniquity






No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!